Certified Specialized Lawyer for Industrial Property Law
Alexandra Heise was born in Hamburg in 1971. After her second state exam in 1996 she achieved her European Master in Law and Economics (EMLE) at the Universities of Rotterdam, Hamburg and Madrid. Alexandra Heise has been admitted as an attorney since 2000. For the first three years she was working with and international law firm in Hamburg, before she worked as an attorney in Cologne, always in the field of intellectual property. She is also guest lecturer with the Blocherer School, Munich, and the International University of Applied Sciences in Bad Honnef (summer term 2010). Since fall 2010 she has been working with Heissner & Struck.
Alexandra Heise’s practice areas are intellectual property law (in particular trademark and design law) and copyright law. She is Certified Specialized IP-Lawyer (Fachanwältin für Gewerblichen Rechtsschutz).
Alexandra Heise is member of the German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property and Copyright Law (GRUR), and the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI).
- Report of the German National Group of AIPPI on “Relevant public for determining the degree of recognition of famous marks, well-known marks and marks with reputation”, GRUR 2013, 765 et seq. (together mit Hackbarth, Ebert-Weidenfeller, Kefferpütz, Nordemann-Schiffel)
- “Namensmarken und Prominente – wie der Europäische Gerichtshof mit seiner Entscheidung BECKER ./. Barbara Becker neue Maßstäbe setzt” (“Names as trademarks and celebrities: How the European Court of Justice sets new standards in its decision BECKER vs. Barbara Becker”), Juve Handbook 2011/2012, p. 240 et. seq.
- Positionsmarke und Disclaimer (“Position Mark and Disclaimer”), GRUR 2008, p. 286 et. seq.
- Report of the German National Group of AIPPI on “Limitations of Trademark Protection”, GRUR Ind. 2007, p 509 et. seq. (together with Bott, Hacker, Joachim, Jonas, Nordemann-Schiffel)
- Die Grenzbeschlagnahme illegaler Tonträger in Fällen des Transits (“Customs Seizure of Illegal Sound Carriers in Cases of Transit”), GRUR Int. 2001, p. 28 et. seq.
Languages: German, English.