Dr. Christian Lemke
Certified Specialized Lawyer for Industrial Property Law
Certified Specialized Lawyer for Information Technology Law
Christian Lemke was born in Hamburg in 1963. After his first state examination at the University of Hamburg he spent his legal clerkship, among others, with the Federal Cartel Office in Berlin, the Higher Regional Court of Hamburg, a law firm in Los Angeles and the German American Chamber of Commerce in Chicago. In 1993, he received his doctorate at the University of Hamburg (PhD Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Ernst-Joachim Mestmäcker, Max Planck Institute for Comparative and International Private Law).
Christian Lemke has been attorney since 1993. Since 1996 he has been partner of Heissner & Struck.
Christian Lemke's practice areas are intellectual property law, copyright law, and IT-law. He is both Certified Specialized IP-Lawyer (Fachanwalt für Gewerblichen Rechtsschutz) and Certified Specialized IT-Lawyer (Fachanwalt für Informationstechnologierecht).
Christian Lemke is Vice President of the Hamburg Bar, chairman of the Hamburg Bar’s Committee for the Certification of IT-Lawyers (Fachausschuss IT-Recht), member of the IT Law Committee of the German Federal Bar (BRAK), member of the German Delegation of the Council of Bars and Law Societies of Europe (CCBE), and member of the CCBE’s IT Law Committee.
Christian Lemke is also member of the German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property and Copyright Law (GRUR), the International Trademark Association (INTA, member of the Bulletin Committee), and the German American Lawyers Association.
- “What’s in a Name? Comparing Rights and Recoveries for False Suggestion of a Connection in the United states and Germany” (co-author, together with Rachel B. Rudensky, Akerman Senterfitt, West Palm Beach, Florida, USA), INTA Bulletin, August 1, 2013, Vol. 68, No. 14, p. 5 et. seq.
- “Back to the Roots: Conflicts Between Trademarks and Company Names in Germany Before and After Céline”, INTA Bulletin, April 15, 2013, Vol. 68, No. 8, p. 10
- “Trademarks Versus Titles of Works: When Do Software ‘Titles’ Infringe Trademarks Under German and European Law?”, INTA Bulletin, Jan. 1, 2013, Vol. 68, No. 1, p. 1, 6 et seq.
- “Obtaining Preliminary Injunctions - Recent Developments in Germany”, INTA Bulletin, Sept. 1, 2012, Vol. 67, No. 15, p. 10
- “Beweissicherung” (“Preserving Evidence”) in: Leitfaden Online-Recht (“Guidelines Online-Law”), Hamburg@work e.V., 2009
- “Are branches of law offices to be designated as such?”, BRAK-Mitteilungen (Federal Bar Association Report) 2008, 146 - 150
- "IT-Projekte" ("IT-Projects") in: Handbuch IT-Recht (Handbook IT-Law), Hamburg@work e.V., 2006
- "Softwareüberlassung auf Dauer" ("Software Licensing") in: Handbuch IT-Recht (Handbook IT-Law), Hamburg@work e.V., 2006
- "Entertainment Law", Co-Author, Kluwer Law International, 2001
- "Was haben Lizenzverträge mit Websites zu tun?" ("What do license agreements have to do with websites?") Co-Author, Hamburg@work e.V., 1999
- "Der fehlerhafte Aufsichtsratsbeschluss" ("The incorrect supervisory board resolution"), doctoral thesis, Nomos Verlagsgesellschaft (issued by Ernst-Joachim Mestmäcker and Kurt Biedenkopf), 1994
Languages: German, English.