Bar Certified Specialist Lawyer for Intellectual Property Law
Alexandra Heise has been a certified attorney since 2000. She started out working for an international law firm in Hamburg, followed by working as an attorney in Cologne. Both positions were in the area of industrial property law. Since 2010, she has been a Bar Certified Specialist Lawyer for Intellectual Property Law and joined Heissner & Struck in the same year. She was a guest lecturer at the International University of Applied Sciences in Bad Honnef during the 2010 spring semester and continues to be a guest lecturer at Blocherer Schule in Munich. She practices in the areas of industrial property law (particularly trademark and design law) and copyright law.
Graduated from the University of Hamburg. Her practical legal training included positions with IFPI and two law firms specializing in industrial property law. She obtained her European Master in Law and Economics (EMLE) from the universities of Rotterdam, Hamburg and Madrid.
Alexandra Heise is a member of the German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property and Copyright Law (GRUR) and the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI).
- Study Questions (Designs) 2016 – Requirements for protection of designs, GRUR Int. 2016, pp. 782 (with Ralf Hackbarth, Hanna Karin Held, Michael Kompter and Sabine Kossak)
- Report by the German National Group of AIPPI on “Relevant public for determining the degree of recognition of famous marks, well-known marks and marks with reputation”, GRUR 2013, pp. 765 (with Hackbarth, Ebert-Weidenfeller, Kefferpütz, Nordemann-Schiffel)
- „Namensmarken und Prominente – wie der Europäische Gerichtshof mit seiner Entscheidung BECKER ./. Barbara Becker neue Maßstäbe setzt“ (Names as trademarks and celebrities: How the European Court of Justice sets new standards in its decision BECKER vs. Barbara Becker), Juve Manual 2011/2012, p. 240
- „Positionsmarke und Disclaimer“, GRUR 2008, pp. 286
- Report by the German National Group of AIPPI on „Grenzen des Markenschutzes“ (limitations of trademark protection), GRUR Int. 2007, pp. 509 (with Bott, Hacker, Joachim, Jonas, Nordemann-Schiffel)
- „Die Grenzbeschlagnahme illegaler Tonträger in Fällen des Transits“ (Customs Seizure of Illegal Sound Carriers in Cases of Transit), GRUR Int. 2001, pp. 28